Saturday, August 6, 2011

Inspired.

Today was our first day of rehearsal and it was incredible!  

In case you are wondering what exactly my job is, I am a character performer.  Basically this means I get to become "best friends" with some of the characters on board the ship!  My best friends include: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Lilo, Stitch, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, and Dopey! Hopefully I'll also get a chance to dance in some of the shows, but I won't find out for sure until we begin rehearsing each show individually!  

Today we had dance assessments so they could figure out who to cast in the shows.  It was fun, but I was definitely not on my A-game :/  hopefully, they won't be too hard on me though and still cast me!  Also, we got to learn how to climb the Spanish Web.   For those of you who don't know what that is, here's a little demo: 
 
Yep, I had to do THAT.  It was really hard, and slightly scary.  It's also one of those things where after you do it once you're happy that you can say you did it but you don't necessarily ever want to have to do it again. 

After the assessments, all of the character performers began our own training.  We watched some videos and just discussed the basics of our job.  We were told that at the end of each day we would finish by going around and saying one word that described how we felt.  My word for the day was: inspired.

One of the videos we watched was on Walt Disney and his life and vision.  It amazes me how much he underwent before he was finally successful.  Not only that, but through it all his one goal was to make others smile.  Now, he is the reason for happiness felt by millions of people everyday.  He is so inspiring and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a part of his mission.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing — that it was all started by a mouse"

xoxo Kristin


No comments:

Post a Comment