Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oh Sunday

I am BEYOND sore today, everything hurts.  My back, shoulders, legs, just everything.  But I couldn't be happier to be back!  Except for the fact that I just got home from the grocery store and was reminded how dang expensive everything is here.  So lame.


This morning I woke up early and went to church.  It's really hard to be in a ward that is so diverse because you can't really understand anyone.  I wasn't going to bear my testimony, but I could tell there were a lot of visitors so I I thought maybe I should.  But then I thought, well that's rude maybe they aren't visitors and they're just wearing the only clothes they can afford.  So I told myself I wouldn't go up.  But then a lady went up there and bore her testimony and mentioned her husband who was there that wasn't a member and then another lady walked in with the missionaries so I knew I had to go up.  I bore my testimony on being an example and missionary work. 


I struggled a lot last contract on being faithful to my religion.  Mostly because I was afraid of being judged and I just didn't have strength to fight temptation.   A little more than half way through I noticed a big change in my mood, behavior, and outlook on life.  I didn't like it and I knew exactly what I needed to do to change.  I never lost faith I just wasn't acting upon it.  I began to pray more and read more and then I became happier.  I knew that to maintain, this feeling I was going to have to remain strong in my beliefs.  I may not have the courage to preach the gospel to everyone I meet, but as long as I am obedient and faithful I will be an example to my peers.  And hopefully that is enough to strike conversation and the rest will follow.  


After church, I decided to walk home.  It was beautiful and so peaceful but then I remembered I was wearing heels and my feet began to hurt, SO bad.  So, I took a cab the rest of the way.  Haha so lame.  I was going to go to a baseball game with some people from my cast, but laid down for a second and could NOT get up.  I planned on taking a little nap and then going grocery shopping but that little nap turned into THREE HOURS.  Geesh am I exhausted!


xoxo, Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment