Saturday, June 2, 2012

Let's Try This Again...

Ok, I know I suck and have been THEE worst at blogging and keeping everyone updated on my life here...but I will do better this time.  Or at least I'll try :)

So, I'm baaaaack in Toronto! Three weeks before I left the Wonder, I was offered a contract aboard the Disney Fantasy.  I am now a part of Fantasy 2, the second cast to ever perform on board Disney Cruise Line's newest ship!  It has only been day one but I'm already lovin' it!

I was really hesitant to come back.  I truly love my job, but living on a ship is really hard and being away from friends and family for eight months is the worst.  But, when I sat down and thought really hard about what I was going to do, I decided it was a good idea to give it another go.  Finding a job is hard, and getting a job you really like is even harder.  Not only do I have so much fun doing what I do, but I get to make thousands of peoples dreams come true.  It's the best feeling in the world!

Although I was confident in my decision, the whole week leading up to my departure I was dreading leaving.  Then, as I was driving up to the Rosemont yesterday I really thought I had made a mistake.  I mean, I only had five weeks at home and I didn't even get to see everyone I wanted to.  Also, knowing that my old cast wasn't going to here when I arrived made me even more sad.  I met some really great people and it made me feel better, but I wasn't completely convinced this was where I was supposed to be.

WELLL, that all changed when I walked back into the studio again for the first time.  It was like I never left.  It was incredible to be back there and have that feeling of belonging!

So this all leads me to today, our first day of work!  We had assessments in the morning, and they went SO well!  I was so happy to be dancing again!! It was the best feeling in the world.  I danced a lot and I don't even know if I'll get casted at all but just having been able to dance as much as I did today was so great! I'm incredibly excited to be here, and feel so honored that they asked me back.  My new cast, while I may not know them as well as W24, is so nice and talented!  Today was just what I needed to validate my decision and really made me know that I'm doing the right thing.

Can't wait to continue this amazing journey and I hope you'll be with me along the whole way...or until I at least stop blogging :)

xoxo, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment